Sunday, April 29, 2012

Five Best: Kitchen Appliances

Forget the microwave. I'll pass on the crock pot. I use these five on a daily basis. (All pictures shown are the ones I use.)



1. Blender: This one is a given, if you know how I feel about the blender. We have a little guy that's perfect for making breadcrumbs and dressings, an immersion blender for soups and tomato sauces, and the big guy for making almond milk, smoothes, and other recipes for two.




2. Food Processor: Contrary to my belief, a blender can't do everything. That's where the food processor comes in handy. It slices, it shreds, it makes light work out of black bean burgers, wheat dogs, pumpkin pie, veggie loaf, and so much more! I got this Rachel Ray one as a gift a few years back and it works just fine.
 
 3. Coffee Press: This guy might not be electric, but he's our most used appliance in the kitchen. Robert makes the best coffee!







4. Hot Water Kettle: I suppose I could combine this one with the entry above, but he does so much more than just heat water for the coffee press. He makes risotto easy. And instant (oatmeal, cocoa, etc) really does mean instant with one of these. It comes with a stainless steel tag that Robert once caught between the prongs when he was plugging it in! He got such a shock, and now, it only works if positioned just so. But I just can't bring myself to replace it.

5. Rice Cooker: Everyone should have one! This baby cost less than $15 and I use him several times a week. He makes perfect sushi rice. Yesterday, I cooked barley and lentils in him for Veggie Loaf. Although not a Ron Co. product, you can definitely "set it and forget it."





There you have it. My top 5 kitchen appliances.

What kitchen applicance makes your world a little easier?

No comments:

Post a Comment