Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ode to the Blender

First, two things. One, I am no William Shakespeare. Two, I am about to make Old Bill sound like a Magic Bullet commercial. I apologize outright for both.

But you see I am temporarily on the west coast and I don't have all of my fancy kitchen gadgets that make chefs great. And I have been struggling with culinary inspiration. I had an oven, a stove and a microwave and while they do magical things, I had the culinary equivelent of writer's block. Until I bought a blender. Now I am free and freely blending.

It even looks like the Magic Bullet.

O blender mine, what are you making
Something for snacking or something for baking?
That can blend both high and low
You make both savory and sweet
Comingle in one lovely treat
What can’t you do? I want to know
Sauces, smoothes, and dressings galore
Sorbet, salsa, and so much more
You make hummus and other such dips
Pesto, soups and applesauce
As far as I’m concerned you’re the boss
Your wares can always touch my lips

What's your favorite kitchen appliance?

No comments:

Post a Comment