Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Quick & Easies: Italian Roasted Green Beans

Hello! Happy New Year! It has been too long and I have so many recipes piling up to share with you, most notably my perfected Vegan Brownies. And I never did document last year's vegan adventure in Disney World. And I promise to walk you step by step through the start of my new Square Foot Garden! Oh the things I will grow!

If only everything could be so organized as my garden.

But those must wait for another day. For now, let me introduce you to a dish that takes less time to make than it took you to read that paragraph up there: Italian Roasted Green Beans. Here's what you need:

Ingredients:
1 bag frozen (yep, you read that right) French green beans
1 small sliced onion
1/2 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
2 T olive tapenade**


** Store bought is fine, but you can easily make your own by food processing (what? that's a verb!) your favorite pitted olives and any or all combination of parsley, olive oil, capers, lemon juice, garlic, red wine vinegar, sun dried tomatoes, and/or crushed red pepper.

4 Easy Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 400° F
2. Toss ingredients with bare hands on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
3. Roast for 15 - 20 minutes, tossing ingredients with a spatula every 5 minutes until tomatoes burst and onion starts to caramelize.
4. Enjoy!


PS: Leftover tapenade can be used on pasta, pita chips, or a fancy pizza, as a dressing, or in a sandwich just to name a few! How do you serve up olive tapenade?

No comments:

Post a Comment