Saturday, November 9, 2013

"Doggy Themed Treats for Humans" Gift Basket

Much has happened since this blog was last updated. I've been offered a new job based out of Austin, TX, and Robert and I are headed west in a few short weeks. So, my attention has been elsewhere. (Wrapping up current job, lots of travel for current wrapping up job, getting ready to start new job, putting house on the market, deep cleaning house, maintaining house in show condition, keeping two pets out of the way of showing house, apartment hunting in Austin, you get the idea.)

Part of the bittersweet process is saying goodbye to 10 years of friends, places, and neighbors. Robert and I are both taking 2 weeks off between jobs to do just that. And here comes the purpose for this post. 


For about as long as we've had Bruce in our lives, we've had the Bark Station


They love Bruce as much as we do, and for that we love them, too! They are one of the things we will miss the most, and so I wanted to put together a little thank you gift and include all of their employees. So, I created this super cute and affordable Gift Basket.


I wanted to make sure everybody got something, so this gift basket is a grab bag of sorts.

Here's what I did:
1. Find cute dog themed items. Snoopy, Scooby-Doo, Pluto, and Jingle, the Hallmark ornament are easy finds. I shopped Target and the Dollar Store, and each gift was between $1 and $7.99. 
2. At first, I searched for the traditional gift basket, but I just couldn't find what I was looking for. Then it hit me! A large dog dish was just the right sized container, perfectly themed, and priced right at the dollar store!
3. I also purchased the paper confetti and the plastic gift bag at the dollar store. I had the paper and ribbon at home.
4. Cut out the tag from cute paper. (You could find a bone pattern to trace, but I just free-handed it.)


5. The tag says "doggy themed treats for humans."


6. Assemble your gift inside the bag. The sticker sheet is tucked into the back of the bowl and helps to support the other gifts and hold up the bag.
7. Tie the gift bag and add the tag. Voila!

Total cost: $26.89, but I splurged on a few items. You could certainly make this with items only from the dollar store and it would cost about $15.

Here's a list of everything inside:
Dog Bowl
Doggy themed stained glass project
Dog sticker sheet
Target gift card with spot pez dispenser (I made the gift card for $5)
Blank note cards with dogs on the front
Snuggle Puppy, a cardboard children's book
Jingle, Hallmark puppy ornament
Pluto pen (got this at Disney World awhile back just waiting for this occasion to gift it)
Scooby-Doo magic towel
Scooby-Doo Mystery Scented hand soap
Dog Ornaments
Snoopy travel tissues
Scooby-Doo themed popping candy (individual packs just sprinkled in the bag like confetti)

Hope this inspires you to get creative with your gift baskets! What dog lover in your life would love a gift like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment