Saturday, October 13, 2012

Lush Line Up: Alter Ego Multitaskers!

 



I'm in love with Lush. Not only are they very clear about what they put in their fresh, handmade products, but they even let you know whose hands made it. 


 



Thank you Corey, for my wonderful Mask of Magnaminty! As an added bonus and a personal must, all of their products are cruelty free and they let you know which products are vegan, too!






Now, before you think this blog is one big infomercial (although tempting) I do have an angle. As someone who is on the road every week, efficiency and multitasking are the tools that keep me sane and organized. In packing, in saving money, and in life! So, I've picked my 5 favorite Lush Multitaskers. I'll tell you what they're made to do, and then I'll introduce you their alter egos, aka the way I multitask with 'em.

5. Eau Roma Water
Main Purpose: Facial Toner
Alter Ego Purpose: Hair Detangler

A toner that moisturizes? Brilliant! Rose and lavender essential oils make this toner a winter wonder must. But these oils have an added benefit when spritzed onto still wet shampooed hair.


4. Coconut
Main Purpose: Deodorant Powder
Alter Ego Purpose: Dry Shampoo

I love love love the way this stuff smells. And it really works. And it's all natural, which is much more than you can say for any of those stick deos out there. But I use this for so many other things - I sprinkle it in my sock drawer, inside my Toms shoes, and even brush it under my eyes to keep my mascara from running. But when I'm traveling, I love to use it as a dry shampoo. I wash my super long hair once a week (if that... honestly!) but sometimes my bangs need a little pick me up. Brushing a little Coconut in them brings them back to life!

3. Honey Trap

Main Purpose: Lip Balm
Alter Ego Purpose: Split End Repair

As the name suggests, this combination of honey and white chocolate (with peppermint and orange oils) is
not vegan. But it is a great multitasker. This product gives your lips the once over with a little bit of sheen, but works wonders on your split ends and fly aways, too! I just rub a little between my fingers and smooth it over my ends.

2. Jungle


Main Purpose: Solid Conditioner
Alter Ego Purpose: Shaving Soap

When I travel, this solid combination of fresh bananas and avocados keeps me from setting off any alarms through security. It leaves my legs as silky smooth as my hair. And it lasts for months!

1. Perspective


Main Purpose: Liquid Lipstick
Alter Ego Purpose: Eye Makeup & Blush

After discovering my destiny on the Emotional Brilliance color wheel, I found this dusky rose lipstick. But what I truly love about it is that it is a one stop shop for all makeup required. I use it on my eyes, cheeks, and lips. Add a little mascara and I am ready to go. It's perfect for travel - my teeny tiny makeup bag is the envy of every lady in line at airport security who ends up having to throw away their more than 3.4 ounces of foundation every time!

So, there you have it! 5 products where you really get your money's worth! What is your best kept multitasking secret?

No comments:

Post a Comment